- Milk . 1.5 lit
- Condensed milk. 300 ml.
- Sugar. 4 table spoon.
- Sugar. ( for caramelize). 2 table spoons.
- Eggs. 6 nos.
- Vanilla essence .105 tea spoon.
- Almonds, blanched and chopped. 100 gms.
- Pistachios, blanched and chopped. 100 gms.
- Cardamom powder. 1.5 tea spoon.
- Boil the milk and 4 tbsp/50 g sugar in a pan on medium about 15 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk to this.
- In a separate pan burn 2 tbsp/30 g sugar on a slow fire to a brown color indicating it is caramelized.
- When the sugar is brown, add in the milk and stir till dissolved.
- Take the mixture off the stove and let it cool.
- Beat the eggs and add it to the milk with the vanilla essence. (Make sure the mixture is cool before adding the eggs.).
- Pour in an oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle the almonds, pistachios and cardamom on top and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 350 deg F/180 deg. C for 90 minutes to 2 hours or till the top is light brown.
- Let cool.
- Refrigerate before serving.