- Semolina (rava) 50 gms
- Milk 1 lit
- Sugar 50 gms
- Butter 45 gms
- Vanilla essence few drops
- Sultanas (raisins) 10 gms
- Slivered almonds 10 gms
- Extra butter 1tbs
- In a deep pan, melt the butter and add the semolina and cook until the grains are slightly swollen, but do not allow to burn
- Gradually add the milk and sugar and cook stirring constantly until the mixture coats the back of the wooden spoon. It will thicken further as it cools.
- Take off heat and allow it to cool slightly before adding vanilla essence.
- Pour into a serving dish
- Cover the top of the rava with a layer of cling film to prevent a skin from forming as it cools.
- Leave to cool
- In a small pan, heat the extra butter and when melted sauté the slivered almonds until golden and the sultanas until plump. Remove from pan and leave to cool
- Serve it eatably hot
- Garnish the served ravo with a sprinkling of the almonds and sultanas (raisins)